Facebook announces new features to improve your ad campaigns
In the complex world of advertising, you want every penny you invest to count.
Launched last year, Facebook’s Automated App Ads (AAA) is designed to help businesses large and small get the most out of their app ads. Using powerful machine learning and automation systems, AAA helps companies grow their games through greater scale and sustained ad performance.
Building on existing functionality, we continued to evolve AAA to support more business use cases such as in-app advertising and real-money gaming and to help deliver even better results and increased efficiency.
Over the past year, we’ve released a host of new features to help AAA run more efficiently. Let’s take a closer look at some of these changes and what they mean for you.
Application level settings
In July we released App Level Settings, it’s a new tab in Business Manager that allows you to specify application level settings, requirements or constraints. These parameters are usually political, legal, or business requirements, and relate to the nature of your application or the primary target audience for your application or product. App Settings automatically apply to all existing and future Automated App Ads campaigns for a given app. The settings don’t apply to manual app ad campaigns, as these campaigns offer these settings at the ad set level. You can now set app-level settings for:
● Targeting by minimum age: The default age targeting for AAA is 13+. For those of you who have policy limits on minimum age targeting, such as Real Money Gaming or Social Casino apps, this feature allows you to specify the minimum age required for your game (18+, 21+ or 25 +)
● Custom Audience Exclusion targeting allows you to upload and apply custom audience exclusion lists. This feature can be used to allow you to opt out of Custom Audiences that fall outside of the default 90-day opt-out window applied to all of our app install campaigns.
● City and state level targeting allows you to include or exclude particular cities or states from AAA campaigns. This is especially useful for real money game advertisers as it allows you to reach customers within the confines of your business operations.
Optimizing application events with custom events
Optimizing app events with custom events in your app ads will help you achieve meaningful results, make it easier to set up, and also provide more flexibility to communicate your goals. If your true goal is player retention, especially for In App Advertising advertisers, or if you follow a hybrid subscription or monetization model, optimizing App Events with Custom Events is your answer to optimize your real business goals.
With this feature, you will no longer need to create a proxy event for your app campaigns. We’ve removed these intermediate steps, allowing you to directly optimize a custom event of your choice. Your custom events will be available in the App Events drop-down at the ad set level.
Reporting and management improvements
Throughout 2021, we’ve also launched a number of features to improve reporting and creative management, such as:
● The ability to display the creative name for your AAA campaigns in the edit feed for easier management
● Splitting creative-level reports with reports from mobile measurement partners. Be sure to contact your MMP for more information
● Restored item reports for offsite conversion events on SKAN campaigns
Opening Editing and creation of AAA campaigns
We’ve also extended access to Automated App Ads from Ads Manager to the Marketing Ads API. This feature also allows Facebook marketing partners to integrate AAA creation and editing into their interfaces.
Dynamic language optimization [Coming soon]
Over the next few months, you’ll be able to create ads in multiple languages to reach multiple audiences with Dynamic Language Optimization. This will allow you to target users who speak multiple languages within the same campaign and ensure creatives are served to users in the correct language.
This helps in targeting liquidity, creative performance and, in particular, it will help you set up iOS 14.5/SKAN campaigns with consolidated audiences given the limited number of campaigns per app.
A/B Split Testing Use Case Extension in the Tests Tool [Planned]
Over the next few months, watch for the expansion of possible split testing options for AAA campaigns, which will help inform better performance decisions, especially around country combinations, creative strategies, or combinations. optimization.
For more information on Automated App Ads, these new features, and more on what’s to come, click here.